Tuesday, June 30, 2009

pañuelo of the day: June 30, 2009


This is me, exhausted, in my sand-colored Buzz Off, mosquito-repelling scarf. The cinder block walls make it look like I'm in prison, when actually I am in my dorm room: 313, the same room I had in college. The group shower is down the hall; the bathroom is next door. The bed is a twin bed; the school-issued blanket has holes. A window fan cools the room, but just a little. The rain is much more effective. Despite the challenges, I sleep well at night, because I am plain old wiped out. Speaking of which, I'm signing off now. Good night, folks.



2 comments:

mojee said...

hang in there christy. the same room number is interesting. deja vous.

Joanne said...

Well, I know you've slept in worse places... How about a photo of those maple trees said to exist in that there part of the world?